Now that you know what Pushstart is all about
It's time to set out a few ground rules (The Don't)
We prohibit projects that are illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for funders, as well as rewards that the creator did not make.
- Any item claiming to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent an illness or condition (whether via a device, app, book, nutritional supplement, or other means).
- Contests, coupons, gambling, and raffles.
- Energy food and drinks.
- Offensive material (e.g., hate speech, encouraging violence against others, etc).
- Offering a genetically modified organism as a reward.
- Live animals. Projects cannot include live animals as a reward.
- Offering alcohol as a reward.
- Offering financial, money-processing, or credit services; financial intermediaries or cash-equivalent instruments; travel services (e.g., vacation packages); phone services (e.g., prepaid phone services, 900 numbers); and business marketing services.
- Political fundraising.
- Pornographic material.
- Projects that promote discrimination, bigotry, or intolerance towards marginalized groups
- Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.
- Resale. All rewards must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators — no reselling things from elsewhere.
- Drugs, nicotine, tobacco, vaporizers and related paraphernalia.
- Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.